25 minutes south-west of Carcassonne, the Razès Gîtes are buried in the heart of the rolling Razès countryside in the sleepy village of Escueillens. Ideally located in a rural village, guests have the opportunity to slow down and re-discover a sense of peace and calm while gently absorbing the sights and sounds of nature all around.
What you'll find
There are two gîtes at Razès – Soujeole and Corbières - each is suitable to singles or couples for short stays or longer lets.
Each gîte has its own private entrance, parking, fully equipped kitchen, dining and lounge areas, double bed and bath and/or shower room.
There are several secluded gardens offering areas of shelter from or full exposure to the sun, perfect for your outdoor dining or relaxation; all conducive to dismissing the cares of the outside world.
Both gîtes have been carefully fashioned from the original wine-making vignoble and barns, giving them a unique ambiance and rustic character while modernised for greater comfort during your stay, whatever the time of year.
Each gîte has a double bed, bath or shower room, well equipped kitchen-dining and lounge area with TV, DVD and CD player. Full linen and towels are provided at no extra charge.
Corbières is open-plan and south-facing, great for those who enjoy all-day sun. The double bedroom is on the mezzanine while downstairs, the living area looks over the monster wisteria into the gardens below.
Corbières has an open plan kitchen-dining-lounge area and bathroom with full bath and shower facilities.
Corbières gîte is suitable for a single person or couple.
A collection of books and music is kept within each gîte as well as an up-to-date supply of local information on events taking place in and around the Aude. A continually expanding selection of entertainment films and books on Cathar castles and local walks are also available upon request. Our extensive range of detailed road and walking maps are kept in the grange.
All guests of Razès Gîtes have full use of the secluded gardens and grange at their disposal for relaxation, yoga, table tennis or outdoor dining.
Rustic in outlook, Soujeole facilities include an open plan kitchen-dining area, double bedroom, single annex bedroom, and ensuite shower room. For those who don't like stairs, all rooms in Soujeole are positioned on the same level.
Soujeole gîte offers most respite from the hottest summer sun and has a wood burner for heating during the inclement months.
Soujeole gîte is suitable for a single person, couple or two people sharing.
The grange is a beautiful place in which to stop and stare at the great outdoors from the snug comfort of the warm indoors. Ideal for night-time dining, it has its own kitchen and dining areas and provides easy access to the gardens. Upstairs, there is a games area for table-tennis and yoga stretching. A washing machine is also available in the grange.
Boasting a comfortable and spacious lounge, the meditation room offers an opportunity to relax in peace and find mindfulness morning, noon or night. During the colder winter months, this room is also ideal for yoga stretching and pilates.
If you simply want a quiet place to stay alone or with friends for a reviving mini break, full relaxing week or longer restorative stay, a Razès Gîte, buried in the sleepy, rural village of Escueillens, will assist you restore your deep-rooted sense of wellbeing.
- In-gîte: towels, bed linen & basic toiletries provided.
- In-grange: access to games room (table tennis and darts), additional kitchen and lounge area complete with wood burner.
- Outdoors: three secluded gardens to choose from with sun loungers, BBQs and outdoor dining facilities.
- Use of our local walking routes and maps and a library of over 300 films & CDs.
- Walking kit to borrow during your stay (lunch boxes, poles, water bottles, backpacks, cagoules).
- Booking service (restaurants, day trips to prehistoric caves, wine tasting events, Cathar castles, etc.).
A single person discount of 20% applies to all accommodation prices below.
Working out the cost of your stay couldn't be easier
- The prices quoted above are for self-catering accommodation. For B&B, add €8 per person, per night.
- For half board and/or long stays, ask for a quote.
- You can arrive/depart on any day of the week to suit your personal travel programme.
- You may qualify for discounts so please read the additional notes below.
Not sure? Contact Us and we'll work it out for you.
Cost of Walking, Nature Therapy, Mindfulness, Meditation & Spiritual Wellness Modules
All modules of one hour duration are €20 each. Where sessions are two hours or longer (i.e. some walking and nature therapy modules), the cost per module is €35. The cost of these modules is in addition to the cost of your accommodation.
- A minimum of 3 nights' stay is required.
- A 15% discount has been applied to the above prices for occupation of any gîte for two weeks.
- A 15% discount will also be applied to the occupation of two gîtes (four people) for a one week stay.
- Special prices will be given on request for stays of longer than two weeks.
- Should you need to cancel, we shall endeavour to refund where we can. However, deposits will not be refunded for cancellations of less than 4 weeks' notice prior to your arrival unless a replacement booking can be found.