Sometimes you don't want to be part of a group or follow an agenda with fixed times and activities. Sometimes you want a one-to-one experience where you can walk and talk freely in safe non-judgemental company, taking the time and space to discover, express and even heal in your own unique way.
Sometimes the aim is quite simply to find a tranquil place and space in which to gently unwind, relax at your own pace and in your own time before you decide what you want to do next and when.
If you are looking for this kind of Do-It-Yourself retreat for a reviving mini break, full relaxing week or longer restorative stay, then stepping into a rural Razès Gîte in the sleepy village of Escueillens, buried in the heart of the countryside in southern France, offers you several paths to assist restore your deep-rooted sense of wellbeing.
Working out the cost of your DIY Razès Gîte Retreat couldn't be easier
For stays of 3, 7, 10 or 14 nights, please consult the tables below. For other durations, ask us for a quote. You can arrive and depart on any day of the week to suit your personal travel programme. You may qualify for discounts so please read the additional notes. If you're not sure of a price or want different options, simply fill in the form on the Contact Us page and we'll be happy to work it out for you.
- Free gîte facilities: towels, bed linen & basic toiletries provided; access to a library of over 300 films & CDs.
- Free grange facilities: access to games room (table tennis and darts), laundry room, additional kitchen and lounge area complete with wood burner.
- Free outdoor facilities: three secluded gardens to choose from with sun loungers, BBQs and outdoor dining facilities.
- Free use of our library of local walking routes and maps.
- Free walking kit to borrow during your stay (lunch boxes, poles, water bottles, backpacks, cagoules).
- Free booking service (for restaurants, day trips out to prehistoric caves, wine tasting events, Cathar castles, etc.).
The prices quoted below are for self-catering. Should you be looking for half- or full-board please Contact Us with your particular requirements.
For Malepère rates add €10 per night to each of the above.
A single person occupancy discount of 20% applies to the above prices.
Secure payments via PayPal
- A minimum of 3 nights' stay is required.
- Each additional occupant is chargeable at an extra €10 per night.
- Malepère Gîte costs an extra €10 per night on top of the Soujeole & Corbières Gîte prices above.
- Durations other than those cited above are worked out on a pro rata basis. Contact us for a quote.
- A 15% discount will be applied to the occupation of either gîte for two weeks (as included in the diagram above).
- A 15% discount will be applied to the occupation of both Corbières and Soujeole Gîtes (four people for a minimum of one week).
- Special prices will be given on request for stays of longer than two weeks.
- Should you need to cancel, we shall endeavour to refund where we can. However, deposits will not be refunded for cancellations of less than 6 weeks' notice prior to your arrival unless a replacement booking can be found.